We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
WHAT THIS POSITION IS ABOUT – PURPOSE
The Assistant Brand Manager is responsible for the stewardship of the equity of the brands within the JTI portfolio, and is accountable for delivering the brand’s profit, volume and equity objectives. The role of the Assistant Brand Manager is to develop plans and execute projects and initiatives that support the short- and long-term brand strategy and company strategy. This responsibility includes defining the brand’s portfolio, product and packaging strategy and providing guidance to other M&S functions in regards to the brand strategy. He/she needs to be in regular contact with JTI global brand management, R&D, GSC, agencies and closely collaborate with other members of JTI Vietnam functions – Operations, Finance, CA/Legal to ensure consistency of brand equity. The role requires especially close cooperation with the Trade Marketing team to ensure optimal brand activation support.
WHAT WILL YOU DO – RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist BM to work on analysis and data supplement to define brand portfolio, distribution, price and communication strategy for Annual & Strategic Plan. Under supervision of BM, implement new product launches, closely cooperating with regional R&D, HQ Brand Groups, external agencies and internal functions.
- Monitor competitors and markey dynamism actively, to proactively propose thoughts on short term action to protect/ grow share and equity. Regularly reading researches and observe market movement to assess new consumer trends/ product opportunities.
- Close cooperation with Trade Marketing and Sales to ensure right project time monitor and execution on time and in full. Regularly working with SI department to understand and stay connected with consumer behavior and insight through researches in order to provide the implication for business.
- Execute analysis and periodical reviews of the brand and own small workstream in provide inputs for improvement (based on BM’s cascade). Ongoing monitoring and analysis of sales trends, market data (Nielsen) and competitor activity.
- Key Project adminstrations lead, monitor and execute, related to contract, payment, budget monitor, etc.
- Frequent business trip requirement (7 – 10 days/trip)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR – REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or any related field of study.
- 1+ years relevant experience in preferrable leading consumer goods or tobacco products marketing function
- Experience in high agile/ entrepreneurship working environment, has knowledge in portfolio marketing (Brand portfolio management, pricing, market analysis, consumer insights and innovation);
- Has exposure and understanding in operational constraints and strong executional reflex appreciation of legislation / taxation, external relations, marketing standards in dark market industry.
- Has background in mutinational FMCG company is preferred
- Fluent in verbal communication & writing English. Good writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications and operations.
- Experienced in working in dynamic consumer goods, while experience in dark market industry is the plus point,
- Proven team player, effectively communicating with various organizational functions.
- Has analytical mindset
- Familiar campaign operations, working with cross functions and budget monitor
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS – RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
- We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2 weeks after the application deadline.