View more 2 hours ago
- RSM Vietnam’s Client is seeking a Market Assessment Consultant to conduct a comprehensive study of the market in rural Vietnam. The consultant will be responsible for identifying market opportunities and barriers, analyzing consumer behaviors and preferences, and assessing the competition. The consultant will work closely with our team to provide insights and recommendations that will inform our business strategy.
- We are looking into setting up sustainable vision care points in rural & semi-urban areas to serve the underserved community. The team is seeking support to conduct a rigorous market study, identify suitable local partners and lay the groundwork for the setting up of a local 2.5 NVG team.
- One of the potential models identified is to set up vision care centers in hospitals. There are many vision care related non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Vietnam which are active in providing vision care for the underserved community, and the team is seeking support to explore and establish potential partnerships with such organizations.
- Conduct a thorough market analysis to identify market opportunities and barriers in rural Vietnam
- To assess which provinces in Vietnam are feasible for setting up of vision care centers based on factors such as population demographics, poverty levels, the current vision care landscape in the region
- To identify potential partners (e.g. government, public health centers, hospitals), negotiate and launch partnerships with them, in close consultation with the Sustainable Programming team
- To identify non-governmental organisations (NGOs), non-profit organizations (NPOs) or other like-minded organizations in jointly setting up sustainable vision care assess points locally
- Ensure the purpose of partnership is clarified and the right partner with the same intent are being sourced.
- Collect and analyze data on consumer behavior and preferences in the target market
- To conduct market survey and identify the range of suitable products (2.5 NVG branded) based on market needs on the ground
- To set up meetings and introduce the Sustainable Programming team to prospective partners
- Assess the competition and identify their strengths and weaknesses
- Provide insights and recommendations that will inform our business strategy
- Present findings and recommendations to our team in a clear and concise manner
- To support the sourcing and recruitment of a Business Development Manager for 2.5NVG Vietnam in the mid-term (in 6 – 12 months’ time)
- To support the Sustainable Programming team in other relevant activities as required, including but not limited to translation, local travel arrangements etc.
- Proven experience conducting market assessments in rural / semi-urban area
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Annual leave