Would you like a career that takes you on an international adventure in the oil and shipping industry and where you will get firsthand experience from day one? Do you want to contribute to facilitating the movement of the world’s fleet and advancing global trade?
What does it mean to be a Trainee with us?
As a Monjasa Oil & Shipping Trainee (MOST), you become part of a global two-year programme that offers valuable insights into how we fuel global trade and take responsibility in the future of shipping. You will be able to apply your learning and contribute to the performance of the team right away, as a Trader within Monjasa’s core business.
You will be part of global rotations (2×2 months) across our offices such as Singapore, UAE, Denmark, Greece, USA or Panama. This will give you firsthand experiences and understanding of different business contexts and cultures. Your knowledge of our business areas will gradually develop, and your opportunities and variety of tasks will similarly grow day by day. You will gain further shipping knowledge through the Danish Shipping Education with the Danish Shipping Academy and our own Academy will take you through plenty of internal training as well.
In every office, you can expect an inclusive environment that oozes of family spirit and a multi-cultural vibe, and we also enjoy spending time together outside working hours. This will give you a feeling of being home away from home when you are on your rotations.
You will start in your home office on 15 August 2023 and shortly after the adventure is kicked off in Denmark with a mix of school, teambuilding activities, internal education, and global onboarding programme.
Your daily tasks
- Support our Trading floor in all aspects of the Trader role
- Research on potential customers and markets
- Monitor oil prices and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Support the sourcing team with purchasing of fuel
Who are we on the lookout for?
- You typically hold a bachelor’s degree, diploma, or similar education with extracurricular experiences from travel, military, work or living abroad
- You are good at communicating in both verbal and written English. Please upload your certificate(s) (IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC) with your application. If you speak an additional language do not forget to mention it
- You consider yourself as energetic and a good team player
- You enjoy building relations, and you are not afraid of challenging the status quo
Applications are only accepted through our career portal: Monjasa Oil & Shipping Trainee, Ho Chi Minh City – Monjasa Careers
You are free to apply to several Monjasa locations, however we would like to receive your application only once, and you will get the opportunity to tick-off your additional locations in the application form.
After the application deadline, we will select a number of candidates to invite for a recruitment event at our office in Ho Chi Minh City on 28 February 2023. After the event, we will invite the candidates with the best fit for a personal interview on 2 March 2023. If you have shown interest in more than one location, you will be invited to the event closest to your home.
We look forward to receiving your application no later than 7 February 2023. In the meantime, we encourage you to take a look into Monjasa and here what the Trainees have to say about the programme here.
If you would like to know more about this position or encounter any problems when uploading your application, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com.
- Address 33 Le Duan Boulevard Ben Nghe, District 1 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5