At Aman we are on a mission to create the world’s ultimate luxury lifestyle brand; hotels, resorts, experiences and products which transform our guests’ perspectives and daily lives. To achieve our ambitions, we capitalise on our unique combination of world-class and diverse talent, unmatched design, and access to locations, cultures and experiences few are privy to. We live by the ‘Aman way of life’ – a mindset shared by our guests and employees which creates a lifelong sense of belonging driven by our values of:
Invest in individuality – fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms.
Nurture pathfinder spirit – exploring experiences, opportunities and locations which transform into new exciting ventures.
Act like owners – taking the charge, leading by example and an immense sense of pride in their work.
Celebrate communities – ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and collaborative manner.
This position is located at our property Amanoi resort in Vietnam
The F&B Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the F&B departement to ensure maintenance of quality standards, financial performance and profitability, staff performance and guests satisfaction.
- Establish the Departmental Annual Operating Budget
- Ensure that the Departmental Operations Budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled
- Attend meetings and briefings with other Department Heads
- Ensure that all departmental reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately
- Develop Food & Beverage policies as needed
- Ensure all employees report for work punctually wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the resort’s Employee Handbook
- Interview and subsequent selection of potential employees in liaison with the Human Resources Departement
- Conduct employee evaluations and review their general performance, discuss existing performance and areas of improvement
- Conduct Departmental Orientation Programs for new employees to ensure they understand the policies and operations of the resort
- Ensure that all staff provide a courteous and professional service at all times
- Counsel staff members for any breaches of conduct and observe policies when issuing formal disciplinary notice
- Constantly review and appraise the procedures with the department to ensure quality of service and product at all times
- Monitor the staff skills within the department and plan training programs to rectify any service deficiencies
- Conduct regular briefings with the department staff ensuring good communications at all times
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible
- Ensure monthly stock take is taken for all operating equipment in all stores and outlets
- Maintain close liaison with restaurant reservations to ensure a good balance of in-house guests and outside guests
- Liaise with Sales department in regard to any special requests for catering to private or group functions
- Liaise with all departments to ensure all special events, groups, and other on and off-site banqueting requirements are met with high standards of organization and service
- Review composition of Wine and Beverage list periodically and include new items accordingly
- Maximize opportunities to increase revenue through up-selling by staff
- Develop the F&B Service staff and ensure that the team is multi-skilled to support guests in all areas within the resort as required
- Proven working experience as Food and Beverage Manager, preferably in a luxury setting
- Strong organizational and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset
- Operational knowledge of Opera and Micros property management and point of sale systems
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Hotel Management degree
- Address Vinh Hy Village, Vinh Hai Commune, Ninh Thuan Province, Vietnam