Provision of notarial and documentary services in line with Consular Guidance
- Check, receive and process documents for fee bearing services, ensuring they are conducted in line with policy, and appropriate fees are taken;
- Record all notarial/legalization and documentary services on Casebook;
- Processing Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs).
- Respond to telephone, counter and email inquiries on a wide range of issues and ensure customers are guided to official source of information;
- Visit detained British nationals in police stations and prisons;
- Provide welfare support to hospitalized British nationals and victims of crime;
- Explain procedures and assisting bereaved next of kin in the event of a death;
- Update local service provider lists
- Accompany the Vice Consul and CROM on Consular outreach visits and arrange logistics for the trips; and
- Update outreach contact lists and to produce reports.
- Cashier duties including updating fees, taking payments, preparing daily, weekly and monthly fee certificates, and update the cash till;
- Compile statistics for various reports, returns and miscellaneous documents;
- Manage customer bookings on CABS and via email and telephone;
- Work with FM and security guards on public opening hours, access for customers, and arranging public notices.
- Participation in Network consular crisis team and planning;
- To test equipment including satellite and emergency phones quarterly;
- To update tool and travel kit for emergency Grab bags; and
- Support the organization of crisis exercises and provide relevant crisis support to CROM, Vice Consul and/or wider mission
Provide cover for the Vice Consul when necessary
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Flexible, resilient, patient and able to deal with difficult situations, including working unsocial hours in an emergency or crisis;
- Ability to travel within Vietnam;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in Vietnam, in the region and the UK as well as the public;
- Strong IT skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
- Ability to work at pace and prioritize, managing an often heavy workload.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Level of language required: Fluency in both English and Vietnamese
- Previous experience in a customer facing role and an ability to respond to a wide range of customer needs;
- Previous experience in consular services or welfare/charitable/support organization would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Vietnamese administrative system.
- Skills: Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
- This position is being advertised as a 12 months fixed term position with possibility of renewal in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is committed to developing its staff, working hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities.
- The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
- Mandatory FCDO e-learning
- Consular on-line officer training
- Emergency Travel Document training
- Consular case management training
- Data Protection Training
- Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
- No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Visa sponsorship may be possible for non-Vietnamese nationals if they meet local requirements.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Disabled and ethnic minority applicants will be invited to interviews if meeting the minimum requirement of the job.
- This role will require office based work at the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City with little scope for remote or flexible working.
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City
- Salary: VND 28,144,748 per month